Monday 22 August 2011

Women of Punk

Recently, I've been reading a lot about the beginnings of the punk movement of the late 70's. Especially the female influence on punk rock history. I completely admire their style and courage to immerse themselves in a predominantly male-dominated genre. Bands like Souxsie and the Banshees and The Slits, definitely paved the way for women's rock and freedom of expression.
I have recently been inspired by icons like, Ari UP, Patti Smith, Souxsie sioux, Suzi Quatro and Poly Styrene

We're not going to explain ourselves any more, we're just going to do what we want and if noone understands that's their problem' - Souxsie of Souxsie and the Banshees

(Nina Hagen and Ari UP) 





1 comment:

  1. Gosh so many amazing pictures on your blog. Great stuff, keep up the good work. I might have to post one of these Patti Smith photos if that's ok - will relink back!
    We have very similar taste I think!

    ReplyDelete